October 04, 2009

Penelope is 3 months old!

Hi, everybody!  Little Bug here.  Month 3 has been pretty exciting.  Here's just a little of what happened:

Grammy Linda and Granddad Craig came to visit.  Mommy said the weather was finally getting bearable, so we spent some time on the back deck.  I love Grammy and Grandad!  By the way, my onesie says, "What happens at Grandma's house stays at Grandma's house."  Mommy says that since it doesn't fit anymore, that the rule no longer applies but I'm pretty sure it does.  I'll ask Grammy about it later.

Yep, I knew it.  Rule #2:  If Mommy says no, ask Grandma.

Then I helped Daddy play Marbles and he showed me how to play Indi-, oops, I mean Native American poker.  I did pretty good, too.  Mommy said it was too bad it wasn't the Queen of Farts.  Ha ha ha.

I'm still enjoying this bath thing, even though people insist on taking pictures of me in the buff.  At least I look super-cute in my hooded towels.  I'm going to start playing with those bath toys and splash around and make a big mess soon.  Mommy won't know what hit her!

One weekend Mommy and Daddy took me to Big Boss for a brewery tour.  I tried, but Daddy wouldn't share his beer with me.  That Harvest Time Ale must have been really good!  In fact, Mommy drove to the brewery, but after two cups of beer she told Daddy to drive home.  She must have been too busy thinking about how good that beer was.

I've gotten pretty good at sleeping.  Sometimes I'll even go for 7 or 8 hours at a time without waking up!  Other nights I still like to get Mommy up several times.  I have to keep her on her toes in case I need her for something in the middle of the night.  Mommy always wraps me in two blankets to give me more of a challenge for my Houdini training.  I got way too good at getting out of one blanket.  She still can't contain my legs, though!  I don't know why Mommy thought this was so funny,  my feet were hot!

The biggest new thing this month was that Mommy went back to work.  Now she wakes me up at 6:30 am (if I don't wake her up first ;p), feeds me and puts my clothes on.  Then she takes me to "school" where I get to play with my friends and look at all kinds of stuff.  I really like my teachers.  Sometimes I have so much fun at school that I get a little mad when I have to go home.  We don't have any school pictures yet, but Mommy said we'll get some for another posting.

I've been growing a lot and now I weigh 11 and a half pounds and I am 23 and 3/4 inches tall!  I've grown out of my Newborn size clothes, mostly because I'm so tall.  I'm skinny, though, and since all of my pants were too big Mommy had to sew up the waistbands so they wouldn't fall right off of me.  Most of my 0-3 month clothes are still pretty big on me, but I bet I'll grow out of them in no time.

My new friend Elias Ayden Ward was born on September 24.  I can't wait to meet him.  I used to sit on him when his Mommy held me while she was still pregnant.  He made a good chair, but he probably won't like it if I sit on him now.

One good thing about Mommy going back to work is that we got to go to Family Day.  The theme was
Superheroes, so Mommy dressed up like American Maid from The Tick and took me up to see our friends.  She was the only adult that wore a costume, but she said that it was okay.  She even played the carnival games so she could win me a stuffed ladybug!

We had our picture taken, but I was sleepy and Mommy had her eyes closed.  Again.

Until next time, love and Bug hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment