April 26, 2009

The octopus boxes at midnight

Catchy new blog title? Cool password for a secret hideout?

As I coasted through the second trimester, I knew this was coming. The third trimester has arrived. Don't get me wrong, I still feel pretty good and I don't think I'm quite ready for it to be over. I've just been more comfortable in my life.

Just this past week I've started having trouble getting comfortable to sleep. Hmm, do I want to lay on my left side, or my right side? The boxing octopus at 3 am really doesn't help. I'm always happy to feel her moving, but mama needs some sleep! Then I had my first experience with acid reflux. I won't go into details, but it was nearly very traumatic. So now it's pretty much left side for sleeping. The ground is getting further and further away, which is unfortunate since I can't seem to hang on to anything. It's like bending over with a basketball in your lap, that kicks you.

Ok, enough complaining. Good things about the third trimester...good things...hmmm. Oh, people will do stuff for me. That's always nice. And my maternity pants fit now without the Bella Band (it's like a tube top for your belly, simply indispensible for the second trimester). My internal heater has started working, so I don't have to carry jackets everywhere (Note: this will soon make it to the complaint list).

Probably the most exciting thing is that I now have constant entertainment. If I'm bored, I can just watch BV! That would be BellyVision. I spent about 15 minutes on Thursday just watching my belly move. It's still just bumps right now, but she's pretty strong. She's surprised me a few times.

I'll have more updates as things progress. Until then, love and Octopus hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment